The Patriarch (ex-Metropolitan) Chambers (1687–92) were built instead of the former superior cells. Nowadays, Patriarchs of Moscow and all Russia stay here during their visits to the Lavra.
The top storey hosts a home church with the Holy throne consecrated in 1949 in St. Filaret the Pious' name.
The Patriarch Chambers adjacent to the Refectory Church were built simultaneously. Its facade made in baroque in 1778 formed the southern side of a small cosy square. The main entrance is decorated with columns which capitals support a balcony with an elegant forged lattice.
The top-storey front rooms feature rich baroque moulding and arch murals made in 1777–8 and old tile stoves with a vegetable ornament.