The Chapel over the Well is a dizzying structure carved with flowers, vines and blue arabesques, built over a spring discovered in 1644. The colorful tent-like canopy over the cross-shaped fountain which receives water from the spring was built in 1872.
The Chapel over the Well was built in the late 17th-c. over the spring which shot up while repairing the Dormition Cathedral porch. Many pilgrims were cured by this water and people took it to the sick to heal them. The 1st was a blind monk whose eyesight returned due to this miracle-working water. Till this day thousands of pilgrims use this water for cure and consolation in their troubles.